Thursday, February 24, 2011

54-Hugs

So here we have a HUGS poster.
Purchased by yours truly with my own hard earned cash.
From my first paying job. Hoeing.....picking garlic!
I *LoVeD* this poster. I'm sentimental. Kept it for years.......until 2011 to be precise.
I've managed to keep it from getting wrinkled and bent.
I used to have this poster memorized and can still recite much of it.
The last few years it's been hanging on the back of my son's bedroom door.
Not because he asked for it to go there.
But because I asked him if it could go there and he told me he didn't mind.
The last couple years he has become more and more interested in sports.
Basketball and football most. Especially the NFL.
He mentioned that he would like a place to put all of his favorite sports pics and articles.
I'm not one to have clippings all over the wall......in any room of my house.
I thought maybe it was time for my little boy to make his room his own, including the back of his door. (Ya THINK?)
Wondered if he would be thought "too soft hearted" by his buddies that visit his room
when they come over to hang out.
(Odds are... hugging little bunnies and such are not "where it's at" with 10yr. old boys no matter how tender hearted the one is who lives under our roof and who technically will always be this Mommy's 'baby'.)
With his older sister not interested in her Mom's 30 year old HUGS poster,
what was a sentimental gal like me to do???
I deliberated. I thought a bit....I decided it was time to say good bye....no, life will never be the same. Life isn't always easy but however it is full of opportunity.
Great opportunity to engage my coping skills.
I took a photo as a memento and parted with my prized possession.
It's been several weeks and I'm doing fine, thank you.
Everything is going to be okay. :)
(But, I think I need a hug....hee hee.)
Hope you enjoyed seeing my poster.
It IS cute....in a cute little huggy critter kind of way, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment